Stratford Court of Boca Pointe is a small nursing home located in Boca Raton, Florida. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we assessed. This facility proved to be one of the better facilities in the city, which boasts a decent selection of facilities. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its long-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Stratford Court of Boca Pointe
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Boca Raton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.57143 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many impressive grades, this nursing home was given a strong short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Stratford Court of Boca Pointe?
This nursing home also received excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that category, with a grade of A. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility also excelled in the nursing category. We awarded it an A- for this category. This rounded out a straight A report card. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stratford Court of Boca Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 2.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 95.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis1.1 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis2.13 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.58 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- West Boca Dialysis Center4.76 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC4.9 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center5.26 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc5.36 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC5.36 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878