Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center is a small facility located in Overland Park, Kansas. We awarded this nursing home a superb overall rating of A-. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be one of the three highest graded facilities in Overland Park. Despite Overland Park featuring 12 nursing homes to select from, this one jumped off the page as a superb choice. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care. This facility was awarded a better than average nursing rating this year, with a grade of B. While this is not quite as strong as many of its other grades, this is still one of the better scores for this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is more often than not a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 7.05% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 5.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 17.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 22.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 5.98% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 91.04% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 16.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 19.61% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 19.61 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 10.57 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stratford Commons Rehab & Health Care Center, 74.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Overland Park, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Overland Park, Kansas has 11 other nursing homes
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis1.73 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis1.9 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Fkc - Lenexa3.27 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood3.32 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Nall Dialysis4.01 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Johnson County Dialysis4.96 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Lenexa Dialysis5.17 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Concerto Kansas, LLC6.07 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063