Stratford Care and Rehabilitation is a facility located in Solon, Ohio. The city has a population of 24,356 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Solon. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Stratford Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Stratford Care and Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We were not high on this facility's overall grades or its category scores. We gave it a just D for our nursing rating and that turned out to be its best score. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Among this facility's alarming grades was an F for its inspection rating. Generally, this means we found some major red flags on the facility's inspection reports. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Does this page answer your questions about Stratford Care and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 91.637634 percent of its patients, which is somewhat below what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, this facility didn't perform very well in this area either. With a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. Short-term care grades are often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Given its grade in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stratford Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stratford Care and Rehabilitation, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 11.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fmc - Solon1.95 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.2.24 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.12 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall4.14 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.41 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.6.63 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.7.76 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.7.86 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801