Stonespring of Vandalia is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Dayton, Ohio which has a total of 479,994 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some solid marks. You can definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's report card was its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Stonespring of Vandalia
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of A+. This is a notably better score than the place's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive score in our short-term care category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in that category. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more critical for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonespring of Vandalia?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Long-term care grades are used to score a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.346405 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This nursing home's least impressive category is nursing, which is the final category we assessed. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of D. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonespring of Vandalia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which have experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 12 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonespring of Vandalia, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Dayton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dayton, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Upper Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.6 miles away3130 North County Road 25a Troy Ohio 45373Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 440-7853
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.02 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis2.91 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769
- Davita Five Rivers Dialysis3.98 miles away4750 N Main Street Dayton Ohio 45405Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 278-5139
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton3.98 miles away455 Turner Road, Suite B Dayton Ohio 45415Dialysis Stations: 6 (937) 278-8261
- Davita - Dayton North Dialysis4.01 miles away455 Turner Road Dayton Ohio 45415CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (937) 278-7861
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North4.95 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Davita - Buckeye Dialysis4.96 miles away3050 S Dixie Dr Dayton Ohio 45409CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 643-2337
- Fmc - Dayton West5.2 miles away4100 Salem Avenue Dayton Ohio 45416CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (937) 279-3120
- Davita Trotwood5.68 miles away5680 Salem Bend Drive Dayton Ohio 45426Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 832-8432