With an address in Frisco, Texas, Stonemere Rehabilitation Center is one of just a few facilities in the area. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. With no A rated facilities in the city, this is actually the highest rated facility in Frisco. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Stonemere Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
To complement its strong performance in other categories, we gave this facility an B+ for nursing. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonemere Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was awarded favorable short-term care scores this year. In fact, we gave it one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a C in this category. With our long-term care grade, we analyze the amount of services provided by a nursing home, as well as some qualitative statistics. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonemere Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 2.8 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Fresenius Medical Care Willow Bend, LLC3.48 miles away6823 Communications Pkwy Bldg A Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 474-0025
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.9 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC4.07 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Clough Dialysis, LLC4.5 miles away6116 Sports Village Rd. Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 362-5763
- Renal Center of Frisco4.87 miles away10850 Frisco St, Suite 300 Frisco Texas 75034Dialysis Stations: 21 (214) 872-2421
- Athios Dialysis, LLC5.23 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.5.31 miles away10150 Legacy Drive Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 365-0766
- Dialysis Services of Allen5.75 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769