With an address in Frisco, Texas, Stonemere Rehabilitation Center is one of just a few facilities in the area. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. With no A rated facilities in the city, this is actually the highest rated facility in Frisco. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we will need to make sure it keeps up its high scores under new ownership.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Stonemere Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Stonemere Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Frisco senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility also received nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care score. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonemere Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final area we looked at was nursing, in which this facility was given a grade of C. This actually ended up being this facility's least impressive area. This is still nothing to be ashamed of. We weighed the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses were with residents, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Although this place did not have as many nursing hours per resident as many of the other facilities we looked at, it was still better than average in the area of avoiding falls. This is often a reliable indicator of how carefully a facility's nursing staff is tending to its patients. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonemere Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 4.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 2.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 0.61% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 9.9% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 21.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 6.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 99.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 20.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 29.15% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 29.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 6.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonemere Rehabilitation Center, 16.63% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 2.8 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Fresenius Medical Care Willow Bend, LLC3.48 miles away6823 Communications Pkwy Bldg A Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 474-0025
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.9 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC4.07 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Clough Dialysis, LLC4.5 miles away6116 Sports Village Rd. Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 362-5763
- Renal Center of Frisco4.87 miles away10850 Frisco St, Suite 300 Frisco Texas 75034Dialysis Stations: 21 (214) 872-2421
- Athios Dialysis, LLC5.23 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.5.31 miles away10150 Legacy Drive Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 365-0766
- Dialysis Services of Allen5.75 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769