Stonehenge of South Jordan is a small nursing home located in South Jordan, Utah. We gave this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category grades, which are just as impressive as its overall rating.
Stonehenge of South Jordan
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1371 West South Jordan Parkway,
South Jordan UT 84095
60.93% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Utah in this area with 68.2 percent of its patients returning home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonehenge of South Jordan?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was awarded a high-end grade of A in our long-term care category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for this category. This finalized a straight A report card. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provides an incredible 4.7 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Out of that total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of care, this place also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. For example, it performed as well as any facility in the nation in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonehenge of South Jordan Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonehenge of South Jordan, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonehenge of South Jordan, 71.32% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- South Mountain Dialysis1.06 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- South Valley Dialysis Center2.74 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Fmc-Riverton LLC2.82 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)3.18 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic6.31 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center6.55 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services7.24 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch9.15 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407