Stonehenge of American Fork is in American Fork, Utah. This city has a total of 42,384 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is an elite grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities nationally. As you can see below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Stonehenge of American Fork
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
538 South 500 East,
American Fork UT 84003
63.52% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in American Fork, Utah Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in American Fork, Utah Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in American Fork, Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonehenge of American Fork?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade assesses a handful of components, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. While this is its weakest category grade, this is nevertheless a good score. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.50249 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonehenge of American Fork Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 6.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 15.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 21.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 11.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 80.77% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 13.95% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 14.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 0.93 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 14.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 13.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonehenge of American Fork, 71.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Utah Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1034 North 500 West Provo Utah 84604Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 373-7850
- Utah State HospitalPsychiatric 12.15 miles away1300 East Center Street Provo Utah 84605Government - State(801) 344-4400
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.04 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)1.15 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- American Fork Dialysis Center1.27 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley6.8 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center9.91 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169
- Utah Valley Dialysis (Dva)10.18 miles away1055 N 500 W Ste 221 Provo Utah 84604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 373-5400
- Fmc-Riverton LLC13.48 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990
- South Mountain Dialysis14.61 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- South Valley Dialysis Center17.29 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745