Stonebrook Healthcare Center is a facility in Concord, California. This city has 123,688 people. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is among the highest graded nursing homes in Concord, which offers some very solid facilities. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are as good as they get. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its long-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Stonebrook Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in long-term care, where it earned an A. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with a score of A. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonebrook Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, this nursing home received first-rate short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to the fourth area, this facility was given an extremely favorable nursing grade. We awarded it a B+ in that area, wrapping up one of our more favorable report cards. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonebrook Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 3.03 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Fkc San Miguel2.59 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.93 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Walnut Creek at Home3.93 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Fmc Diablo Concord4.3 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Concord Dialysis Center4.8 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek6.23 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Delta View Dialysis Center6.4 miles away1150 E Leland Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 427-0867
- Fmc Diablo Central Pittsburg6.69 miles away2155 Loveridge Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (925) 439-8772