Stonebrook Healthcare Center is a facility in Concord, California. This city has 123,688 people. This facility received an overall rating of A-. In fact, this turned out to be one of the three highest graded facilities in Concord. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are as good as they get. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Stonebrook Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Concord senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned an excellent short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonebrook Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in the category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out a very favorable report card. When computing a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are caring for residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonebrook Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 2.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 5.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 2.93% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 7.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 5.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 9.77% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 8.15% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 8.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 7.89% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonebrook Healthcare Center, 90.47% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 3.03 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Fkc San Miguel2.59 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.93 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Walnut Creek at Home3.93 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Fmc Diablo Concord4.3 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Concord Dialysis Center4.8 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek6.23 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Delta View Dialysis Center6.4 miles away1150 E Leland Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 427-0867
- Fmc Diablo Central Pittsburg6.69 miles away2155 Loveridge Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (925) 439-8772