Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation is in Los Gatos, California. The city has 47,252 people. With an overall rating of A, this is undoubtedly a top-shelf facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. If you look below, you can see this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation?
In addition, this facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in that area, with an A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed ended up being this facility's worst area. However, even its lowest point would be a strength for most facilities. We awarded it a favorable grade of B in our long-term care category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonebrook Health and Rehabilitation, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Gatos, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Los Gatos, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 7.12 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Fmc Los Gatos0.87 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center1.24 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Satellite Dialysis Los Gatos1.9 miles away53 Los Gatos Saratoga Road Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 17 (408) 458-4460
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley3.02 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC4.01 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose4.65 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center4.97 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek5.68 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777