Stonebridge Maryland Heights is a senior living facility in Maryland Heights, Missouri, which has a total of 22,367 people. We gave this nursing home an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is not a fit for any prospective resident. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Stonebridge Maryland Heights
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it a B for our inspections category. This is due to the facility receiving a decent inspection report this year. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Included in this facility's several low-end scores was its F in the category of short-term care. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonebridge Maryland Heights?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility received an F. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home provided the vaccine to just 53.252033 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
The next area we analyzed is nursing, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade in this area also. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonebridge Maryland Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 88.53% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonebridge Maryland Heights, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton1.8 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Fmc - Bridgeton2.06 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.2.8 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center4.23 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Creve Coeur4.37 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis4.55 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Saint Louis West Dialysis4.8 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Hazelwood Dialysis5.26 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039