Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center is the sole option we found in Skillman, New Jersey. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 50 nursing homes in New Jersey. You really can not do any better than this nursing home. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category grades, which look to be just as impressive as its overall rating.
Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ in the category of short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating weighs several factors. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A. This wrapped up an elite profile. Only a select few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in every category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 93.023254 percent of its patients, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents which suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 92% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.02 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis5.06 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Davita Plainsboro5.42 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550
- Fmc Princeton6.32 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis6.76 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Davita Princeton Junction Dialysis7.28 miles away88 Princeton Hightstown Road Suite 102 Princeton Junction New Jersey 08550Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 799-0084
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr7.59 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis8.73 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Dci Somerset9.65 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749