Steward Sebastian River Medical Center is in Sebastian, Florida, a city with a total of 34,445 people. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is the highest score that we offer. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 50 best facilities in Florida. Headlining this facility's exemplary profile is its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Steward Sebastian River Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
13695 Us 1,
Sebastian FL 32958
73.33% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Steward Sebastian River Medical Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its short-term care score. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This category is more often than not a meaningful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing score weighs a handful of factors, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Steward Sebastian River Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a very strong long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be its third most impressive category grade. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Another impressive feature for this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A-, completing its straight A performance. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Steward Sebastian River Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Steward Sebastian River Medical Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Steward Sebastian River Medical Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Steward Sebastian River Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away13695 Us Hwy 1 Sebastian Florida 32978Proprietary(772) 589-3187
- Palm Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away1425 Malabar Rd, Ne Palm Bay Florida 32907Proprietary(321) 434-8000
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away1000 36th St Vero Beach Florida 32960Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 567-4311
- Holmes Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away1350 S Hickory St Melbourne Florida 32901Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 434-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sebastian0.57 miles away14355 Us Hwy 1 Sebastian Florida 32958Dialysis Stations: 13 (772) 388-5588
- Sebastian Dialysis Care Center1.28 miles away1807 Us highway1 Sebastian Florida 32958Dialysis Stations: 17 (772) 581-1041
- Sebastian Dialysis5.73 miles away1424 Us Hwy 1 Suite C Sebastian Florida 32958Dialysis Stations: 16 (772) 589-9182
- Indian River Dialysis Center12.49 miles away2150 45th Street Suite 102 Vero Beach Florida 32967CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (772) 567-2529
- Palm Bay Kidney Center12.93 miles away220 Medplex Pkwy Ne Palm Bay Florida 32907CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (321) 722-2709
- Oslo Dialysis14.33 miles away100 S Us Highway 1 Vero Beach Florida 32962Dialysis Stations: 12 (772) 567-8496
- Davita Sandy Shores Dialysis14.34 miles away5947 20th Street Vero Beach Florida 32966Dialysis Stations: 12 (772) 770-0331
- Renal Care Group - Brevard14.83 miles away1355 Palm Bay Rd Palm Bay Florida 32905Dialysis Stations: 20 (321) 768-9801