Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation is in Augusta, Georgia, a city with a population of 202,193 people. With an B+ overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. In spite of Augusta having 10 nursing homes to choose from, this facility managed to stand out as a first-rate option. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few places performed this well in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of accomplishments, it also was awarded a top-shelf short-term care score. We awarded them a strong strong of A- in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is generally a solid measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded impressive grades in the category of long-term care as well. As a result, we gave it one of our most dominant scores in that area with a score of A-. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.91304 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we looked at is nursing. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of C. This proved to be this facility's least impressive category. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is well below average. Finally, although this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients which have had UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 5.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 93.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Augusta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Augusta, Georgia has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away3651 Wheeler Road Augusta Georgia 30909Proprietary(706) 651-6008
- Au Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1120 15th Street Augusta Georgia 30912Voluntary non-profit - Other(706) 721-6569
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away1350 Walton Way Augusta Georgia 30901Government - Hospital District or Authority(706) 722-9011
- Dwight Eisenhower Amc (Ft Gordon)Acute Care - Department of Defense 7.95 miles away300 East Hospital Road Augusta Georgia 30905Department of Defense(706) 787-5811
- Aiken Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.81 miles away302 University Parkway Aiken South Carolina 29801Proprietary(803) 641-5900
- Edgefield County Healthcare an Affiliate of Self RCritical Access Hospitals 19 miles away300 Ridge Medical Plaza Edgefield South Carolina 29824Government - Local(803) 637-3174
- Fmc of Augusta Inc3.67 miles away1109 Medical Center Drive Building H Augusta Georgia 30909Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 860-9220
- Fmc New Bailie4.51 miles away1717 Walton Way Augusta Georgia 30904Dialysis Stations: 29 (706) 481-6920
- Fresenius Medical Care Evans4.66 miles away696 Industrial Park Dr Evans Georgia 30809Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 868-0011
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.8 miles away401 Town Park Blvd Evans Georgia 30809Dialysis Stations: 16 (706) 854-9502
- Wylds Road Dialysis4.88 miles away1815 Wylds Road Augusta Georgia 30909Dialysis Stations: 20 (706) 733-0522
- Fmc Crossroads5.59 miles away1719 Magnolia Way Augusta Georgia 30919Dialysis Stations: 17 (706) 228-7253
- Ara Augusta LLC5.59 miles away1000 Telfair St Augusta Georgia 30901CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (706) 774-0130
- Rai Deans Bridge5.92 miles away2841 Deans Bridge Road Augusta Georgia 30906Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 790-5909