Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation is in Augusta, Georgia, a city with a population of 202,193 people. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Augusta. In our view, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
820 Stevens Creek Road,
Augusta GA 30907
81.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is that it earned an impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave it an A+. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its top-shelf long-term care score. We awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of A-. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.15966 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The last category we scored was nursing, proved to be this facility's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. This is one of the few dings of an otherwise impressive report card. The nursing grade includes quite a few subcategories, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 4.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 94.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stevens Park Health and Rehabilitation, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Augusta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Augusta, Georgia has 3 other nursing homes
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away3651 Wheeler Road Augusta Georgia 30909Proprietary(706) 651-6008
- Au Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1120 15th Street Augusta Georgia 30912Voluntary non-profit - Other(706) 721-6569
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away1350 Walton Way Augusta Georgia 30901Government - Hospital District or Authority(706) 722-9011
- Dwight Eisenhower Amc (Ft Gordon)Acute Care - Department of Defense 7.95 miles away300 East Hospital Road Augusta Georgia 30905Department of Defense(706) 787-5811
- Aiken Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.81 miles away302 University Parkway Aiken South Carolina 29801Proprietary(803) 641-5900
- Edgefield County Healthcare an Affiliate of Self RCritical Access Hospitals 19 miles away300 Ridge Medical Plaza Edgefield South Carolina 29824Government - Local(803) 637-3174
- Fmc of Augusta Inc3.67 miles away1109 Medical Center Drive Building H Augusta Georgia 30909Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 860-9220
- Fmc New Bailie4.51 miles away1717 Walton Way Augusta Georgia 30904Dialysis Stations: 29 (706) 481-6920
- Fresenius Medical Care Evans4.66 miles away696 Industrial Park Dr Evans Georgia 30809Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 868-0011
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.8 miles away401 Town Park Blvd Evans Georgia 30809Dialysis Stations: 16 (706) 854-9502
- Wylds Road Dialysis4.88 miles away1815 Wylds Road Augusta Georgia 30909Dialysis Stations: 20 (706) 733-0522
- Fmc Crossroads5.59 miles away1719 Magnolia Way Augusta Georgia 30919Dialysis Stations: 17 (706) 228-7253
- Ara Augusta LLC5.59 miles away1000 Telfair St Augusta Georgia 30901CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (706) 774-0130
- Rai Deans Bridge5.92 miles away2841 Deans Bridge Road Augusta Georgia 30906Dialysis Stations: 21 (706) 790-5909