Located in Northville, Michigan, Star Manor of Northville is the sole facility located in the area. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the best scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next section
Star Manor of Northville
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this nursing home was given a strong short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in this category. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Star Manor of Northville?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B. Although this wound up being its weakest category score, this is still a good score. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Star Manor of Northville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Star Manor of Northville, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Star Manor of Northville, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Star Manor of Northville, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Star Manor of Northville, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Star Manor of Northville, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Star Manor of Northville, 3.47% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Star Manor of Northville, 91.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Star Manor of Northville, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Star Manor of Northville, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Star Manor of Northville, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.53 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia2.87 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita4.43 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia5 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc5.08 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis5.23 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Fmc - Botsford Park5.72 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC6.37 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia7.2 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780