Stanley Total Living Center is an average-sized non-profit facility in Stanley, North Carolina. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this facility. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Stanley Total Living Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Radiation Therapy
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Stanley Total Living Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B- in this category. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
The next area we rated was nursing. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this area. The nursing category weighs several data points, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stanley Total Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stanley Total Living Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stanley Total Living Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stanley Total Living Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stanley Total Living Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stanley Total Living Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stanley Total Living Center, 3.01% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stanley Total Living Center, 87.89% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stanley Total Living Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stanley Total Living Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Stanley Total Living Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stanley Total Living Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stanley Total Living Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stanley Total Living Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Atrium Health LincolnAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away433 Mcalister Rd Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Government - Hospital District or Authority(980) 212-2000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.34 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Atrium Health Kings MountainAcute Care Hospitals 17.41 miles away706 W King St Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 739-3601
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.81 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Fresenius Kidney Care North Gaston5.59 miles away1510 Lower Dallas Hwy Dallas North Carolina 28034Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 923-8001
- Fresenius Medical Care Gastonia7.89 miles away348 Burtonwood Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28054CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (704) 864-8863
- Belmont Dialysis Center8.12 miles away5010 Medical Care Court Belmont North Carolina 28012Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 827-2931
- Bma South Gaston Dialysis10.69 miles away710 West Hudson Blvd. Gastonia North Carolina 28052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 867-3417
- Davita Brookshire11.87 miles away5601 Tuckaseegee Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28208Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 395-6091
- Fmc Lincolnton Dialysis12.01 miles away1090 S Grove Street Ext Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 736-9300
- Huntersville Dialysis12.75 miles away9622 Kincey Ave Huntersville North Carolina 28078Dialysis Stations: 14 (704) 912-3890
- Independent Nephrology Services Huntersville13.04 miles away9920 Kincey Avenue Ste 140 Huntersville North Carolina 28078Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 947-2341