Stanley Healthcare is a nursing home in Westminster, California, a city with a total of 89,747 people. We awarded this nursing home an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. At the end of the day, this facility is a good fit for most people. The best part of this facility's report card is is its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westminster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in long-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
We also wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Stanley Healthcare?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. In determining our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was this nursing home's poorest area. However, even in its weakest link we still gave it a respectable grade of B- for short-term care. In our short-term care assessment, we try to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stanley Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stanley Healthcare, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stanley Healthcare, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents that had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stanley Healthcare, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stanley Healthcare, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stanley Healthcare, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stanley Healthcare, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stanley Healthcare, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stanley Healthcare, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stanley Healthcare, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stanley Healthcare, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Fmc-Rai-Goldenwest-Westminster1.65 miles away15330 Goldenwest Street Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 373-1543
- Fmc-Rai-Hospital Circle-Westminster1.68 miles away290 Hospital Circle Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 895-3698
- Davita-Huntington Beach Dialysis2.95 miles away16892 Bolsa Chica Avenue, Suite 100 Huntington Beach California 92649Dialysis Stations: 10 (714) 846-2102
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis3.86 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175
- Los Alamitos Hemodialysis Center4 miles away3810 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (562) 598-9527
- Fmc-Huntington Beach4.24 miles away17762 Beach Blvd, Ste 120 Huntington Beach California 92647Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 848-0021
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove4.75 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255