Stanley Healthcare is a nursing home in Westminster, California, a city with a total of 89,747 people. This nursing home received an extremely impressive overall rating of A, making it the number one rated nursing home in the city. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Stanley Healthcare?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this facility's worst category. A facility is doing something right when their weakest grade still beats out most facilities. Our short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stanley Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stanley Healthcare, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stanley Healthcare, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stanley Healthcare, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stanley Healthcare, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stanley Healthcare, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stanley Healthcare, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stanley Healthcare, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stanley Healthcare, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stanley Healthcare, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stanley Healthcare, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Fmc-Rai-Goldenwest-Westminster1.65 miles away15330 Goldenwest Street Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 373-1543
- Fmc-Rai-Hospital Circle-Westminster1.68 miles away290 Hospital Circle Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 895-3698
- Davita-Huntington Beach Dialysis2.95 miles away16892 Bolsa Chica Avenue, Suite 100 Huntington Beach California 92649Dialysis Stations: 10 (714) 846-2102
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis3.86 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175
- Los Alamitos Hemodialysis Center4 miles away3810 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (562) 598-9527
- Fmc-Huntington Beach4.24 miles away17762 Beach Blvd, Ste 120 Huntington Beach California 92647Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 848-0021
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove4.75 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255