With an address in Bremerton, Washington, Stafford Healthcare at Belmont is one of only three available nursing homes in the area. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires quality scores in most areas. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this facility. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Stafford Healthcare at Belmont
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our best scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall score in this range which received multiple category grades this high. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Stafford Healthcare at Belmont?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.23077 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. In our short-term care assessment, we try to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stafford Healthcare at Belmont Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 13.74% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 93.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stafford Healthcare at Belmont, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away2520 Cherry Avenue Bremerton Washington 98310Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 377-3911
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center Coordinated Care Unit0.24 miles away2740 Clare Ave Bremerton Washington 98310Dialysis Stations: 4 (360) 479-1068
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center0.3 miles away2613 Wheaton Way Bremerton Washington 98310CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (360) 479-5908
- Olympic Peninsula Kc - South Kitsap2.93 miles away450 S Kitsap Blvd Bldg 1, Suite 178 Port Orchard Washington 98366Dialysis Stations: 11 (360) 895-7795
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center - North10.7 miles away19472 Powder Hill Pl Ste 100 Poulsbo Washington 98370Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 598-9712
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center12.48 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Westwood Dialysis Center13 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Belfair Dialysis13.82 miles away23961 Ne State Route 3 Belfair Washington 98528Dialysis Stations: 5 (360) 275-0141
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center14.57 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705