ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul is in Bronx, New York. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a total of 1,382,480 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Even in a city featuring 45 other nursing homes, this nursing home caught our attention as a great option. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good.
ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
900 Intervale Avenue,
Bronx NY 10459
54.79% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's quality category scores came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B+. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.572945 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we expected but still a decent figure. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing rating is based on several datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a favorable short-term care rating in our assessment, with a grade of B. This nursing home really doesn't have any weak grades. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 13.2% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 91.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ArchCare at San Vicente de Paul, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 44 other nursing homes
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.0.18 miles away931 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10459Dialysis Stations: 36 (718) 378-0921
- New York Renal Associates1.02 miles away3468 Park Avenue Bronx New York 10456CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (718) 401-2836
- Knickerbocker Dialysis1.03 miles away459 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10455Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 585-4951
- Newtown Dialysis Center, Inc.1.19 miles away1160 Teller Avenue Bronx New York 10456Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 215-4355
- Davita Soundview Dialysis Center1.24 miles away1622-24 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10473CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (718) 861-2334
- Lincoln Hospital1.46 miles away234 East 149th Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10451Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 579-5548
- Bronx Center for Renal Dialysis1.91 miles away1010 Underhill Avenue Bronx New York 10472CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 863-8300
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.1.97 miles away1490 Macombs Road Bronx New York 10452Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 588-2347