St Therese Tcu North is a small facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is without a doubt a phenomenal nursing home. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 50 best facilities in Minnesota. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
St Therese Tcu North
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Minnesota in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about St Therese Tcu North?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded an elite grade of A in our long-term care category. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Finally, this facility has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. This is one of the few facilities in the country to receive an A- or better in all four categories. Inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Therese Tcu North Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Therese Tcu North, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Therese Tcu North, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita0.3 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis1.34 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley2.09 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- East River Road Dialysis4.15 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit4.15 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita4.43 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Davita - New Hope4.69 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4.71 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972