St Therese Tcu North is a small non-profit facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is without a doubt a phenomenal nursing home. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 100 best facilities in Minnesota. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite facilities. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
St Therese Tcu North
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about St Therese Tcu North?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, this facility was awarded first-rate long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. This is one of the few facilities in the country to receive an A- or better in all four categories. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Therese Tcu North Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Therese Tcu North, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Therese Tcu North, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita0.3 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis1.34 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley2.09 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- East River Road Dialysis4.15 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit4.15 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita4.43 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Davita - New Hope4.69 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4.71 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972