St Therese of Woodbury is a small non-profit nursing home located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires first-rate marks across the board. Saint Paul features a variety of other nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a high quality option. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
St Therese of Woodbury
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7555 Bailey Road,
Saint Paul MN 55129
68.92% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. In our short-term care category, we seek to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. This nursing home is the gold standard when it comes to skilled nursing staffing. The facility supplied about 50% more registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical nursing home. This is what we look for when grading a facility in this category. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in this area with 71 percent of its residents returning home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about St Therese of Woodbury?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home also received an A+ long-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category scores. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to elite nursing hour statistics, this facility's vaccination record is top notch also. In fact, this facility vaccinated 98.55073 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last category we rated, this nursing home received a very strong grade of A in our nursing category. With this grade, the facility completed a straight A report card. The nursing category assesses quite a few data points, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided 4.9 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This was one of the more impressive figures we found. In addition, we found that a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of providing impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at. With below five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Therese of Woodbury Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Therese of Woodbury, 6.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Therese of Woodbury, 4.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Therese of Woodbury, 2.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Therese of Woodbury, 16.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Therese of Woodbury, 12.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Therese of Woodbury, 4.55% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Therese of Woodbury, 94.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Therese of Woodbury, 13.22% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Therese of Woodbury, 19.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Therese of Woodbury, 19.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Therese of Woodbury, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Therese of Woodbury, 76.23% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 24 other nursing homes
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away1175 Nininger Road Hastings Minnesota 55033Voluntary non-profit - Church(651) 480-4100
- Hudson Hospital & ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 12.46 miles away405 Stageline Road Hudson Wisconsin 54016Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 531-6000
- Lakeview Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away927 West Churchill Street Stillwater Minnesota 55082Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 430-5330
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Woodbury Dialysis of Davita1.72 miles away1850 Weir Dr #3 Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 730-4522
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.2.37 miles away7433 Currell Blvd Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 714-9948
- Davita - Cottage Grove4.01 miles away8800 East Point Douglas Dr Cottage Grove Minnesota 55016Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 459-5655
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita5.56 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul6.21 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis6.26 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita6.4 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Davita Phalen Dialysis7.33 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466