St Therese Home is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The city provides a variety of available nursing homes. This facility is among the top nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the most impressive scores that we offer. As far as we can see, this place is a no brainer for just about anybody. One of the best aspects of this facility's exemplary profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
St Therese Home
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
8000 Bass Lake Road,
Minneapolis MN 55428
93.69% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is more often than not a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing rating is largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about St Therese Home?
This nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. It received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a grade of B. Even though this is not as strong as many of its other grades, it is nevertheless a fine grade. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 96.137344 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Therese Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Therese Home, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Therese Home, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Therese Home, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Therese Home, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Therese Home, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Therese Home, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Therese Home, 94.15% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Therese Home, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Therese Home, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In St Therese Home, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Therese Home, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Therese Home, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Therese Home, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 9.02 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Davita - New Hope0.72 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.85 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis3.77 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita3.84 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley4.01 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita4.67 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek4.93 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- East River Road Dialysis5.11 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556