With over 25 options having an address in Minneapolis, Minnesota, St Therese Home is one of many options. This facility is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we found. In fact, it was given the top rating. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a wonderful choice for just about anybody. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
St Therese Home
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a fair assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare facilities to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about St Therese Home?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating weighs many factors. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this facility received a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A profile. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.149124 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid negative health outcomes for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Therese Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Therese Home, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Therese Home, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Therese Home, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Therese Home, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Therese Home, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Therese Home, 4.58% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Therese Home, 93.31% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Therese Home, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Therese Home, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In St Therese Home, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Therese Home, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Therese Home, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Therese Home, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 9.02 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Davita - New Hope0.72 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.85 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis3.77 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita3.84 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley4.01 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita4.67 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek4.93 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- East River Road Dialysis5.11 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556