St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare is a very-large nursing home located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of A-, this facility is ranked among the higher-rated facilities we assessed. You simply can't do any better than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent inspection reports. We awarded it a grade of A for that area. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its first-rate assessments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care rating. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 97.903564 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating features numerous datapoints. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility New Jersey in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of B-. This actually ended up being this facility's worst category. Our short-term care grades are likely most important for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Mary's Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Cherry Hill, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cherry Hill, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 2.37 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Fmc Silver Dialysis2.11 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Usrc Marlton2.29 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Marlton2.34 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Usrc Voorhees LLC2.67 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees2.9 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Fkc Voorhees2.93 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc3.22 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis3.35 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111