St Lawrence Rehab Center is one of just three available nursing homes located in Lawrence Township, New Jersey. We awarded this facility an overall rating of A, which is an extremely impressive grade. Indeed, this proved to be the highest graded nursing home in Lawrence Township. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with significant health conditions. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
St Lawrence Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received elite marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A+. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is generally a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about St Lawrence Rehab Center?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B. Believe it or not, this proved to be this facility's weakest area. A nursing home is doing something right when it's weakest grade still beats out most other facilities. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Lawrence Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Lawrence Rehab Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Lawrence Rehab Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville3.06 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC3.39 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- Fmc Ewing3.8 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Fmc Trenton3.88 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton4.51 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- H. Fuld Capital Health5.04 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Princeton5.56 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995
- Fmc Hamilton Square5.85 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260