St Lawrence Rehab Center is one of just two available nursing homes located in Lawrence Township, New Jersey. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 50 best facilities in New Jersey. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective residents with significant health conditions. Scroll down to find this place's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Lawrence Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2381 Lawrenceville Road,
Lawrence Township NJ 08648
75.89% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lawrence Township, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lawrence Township, New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lawrence Township, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall score, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Short-term care ratings are vital for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about St Lawrence Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a fine long-term care score. Indeed, this is its third best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to our fourth area, this facility also excelled in the nursing category. We gave it an A- for this category. This completed truly elite profile. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Lawrence Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Lawrence Rehab Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Lawrence Rehab Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville3.06 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC3.39 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- Fmc Ewing3.8 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Fmc Trenton3.88 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton4.51 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- H. Fuld Capital Health5.04 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Princeton5.56 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995
- Fmc Hamilton Square5.85 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260