St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly is a small non-profit nursing home located in Palatine, Illinois. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility, which is our top score. As far as we can see, this facility ought to be a wonderful choice for most people. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Palatine senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Palatine, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This was one of the few places to receive multiple A+ category grades. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home also performed admirably in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. This finalized truly elite profile. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 31.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Joseph's Home Full Term Elderly, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 9.72 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center1.43 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows3.15 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.2 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates5.84 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis6.16 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect6.62 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center7.37 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Davita - Barrington Creek8.06 miles away28160 W. Northwest Hwy, Suite 104 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 381-1325