St Joseph's Home Al & Nc is a nursing home in Woodbridge, New Jersey, which has a total of 19,844 people. This proved to be an A rated facility. It was given one of the highest scores that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. We ranked this facility as one of the 100 best nursing homes in New Jersey, which is a distinguished list. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
St Joseph's Home Al & Nc
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an A+ in this category. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph's Home Al & Nc?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also performed well in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Wrapping up this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an elite grade of A- for our inspections rating. With this score, the nursing home completes its straight A report card. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we have deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph's Home Al & Nc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Joseph's Home Al & Nc, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center0.98 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center1.29 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr2.53 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr3.25 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Dva Edison4.33 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis4.7 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.5.13 miles away30 Sneden Ave Staten Island New York 10312Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 356-2678
- Davita Rahway5.2 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370