St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf is an average-sized hospital-based nursing home located in Camarillo, California. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Camarillo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, with an A in this area. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility averages 0.9 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Finally, our nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was long-term care, which is the last area we analyzed. In this category, we gave this facility an D. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 1.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 1.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 7.58% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 21.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 99.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 15.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 2.13% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 62.9% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Ojai Valley Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.92 miles away1306 Maricopa Hwy Ojai California 93023Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 640-2280
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo0.25 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center3.4 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center7.53 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Fmc-Santa Paula7.77 miles away242 E. Harvard Blvd. Santa Paula California 93060Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 525-1500
- Fmc-Oxnard7.86 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Fmc-Conejo Valley Renal Center8.1 miles away227 W. Janss Road, Suite 115 Thousand Oaks California 91360Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 496-6071
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Santa Paula8.2 miles away253 March Street Santa Paula California 93060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (805) 525-3977
- Davita-Moorpark Dialysis Center9.08 miles away883 Patriot Drive, Suite C Moorpark California 93021Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 517-1442