St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf is an average-sized hospital-based nursing home located in Camarillo, California. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2309 Antonio Ave,
Camarillo CA 93010
70.9% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, with an A in this area. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility averages 0.9 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Finally, our nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a rock bottom score. This is clearly a major disappointment. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital D/P Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Ojai Valley Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.92 miles away1306 Maricopa Hwy Ojai California 93023Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 640-2280
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo0.25 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center3.4 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center7.53 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Fmc-Santa Paula7.77 miles away242 E. Harvard Blvd. Santa Paula California 93060Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 525-1500
- Fmc-Oxnard7.86 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Fmc-Conejo Valley Renal Center8.1 miles away227 W. Janss Road, Suite 115 Thousand Oaks California 91360Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 496-6071
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Santa Paula8.2 miles away253 March Street Santa Paula California 93060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (805) 525-3977
- Davita-Moorpark Dialysis Center9.08 miles away883 Patriot Drive, Suite C Moorpark California 93021Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 517-1442