St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce is the lone option we were able to find in Halethorpe, Maryland. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is very good grade. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received an impressive grade in inspections. Inspections ended up being its best category. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this facility also received a dominant short-term care grade, with a score of A. Our short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing grades are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed ended up being this facility's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- for long-term care. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the volume of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of quality data points. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 92.52873 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients that suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 10.18% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 92.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St. Elizabeth Rehab. & Nsg. Ce, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 4.54 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Concerto Maryland, LLC0.59 miles away1531 S Edgewood St Suite 302 Halethorpe Maryland 21227Dialysis Stations: 2 (443) 364-4362
- Us Renal Care - West Baltimore1.53 miles away22 S Athol Ave Baltimore Maryland 21229Dialysis Stations: 15 (410) 947-3227
- Bon Secours Hospital1.73 miles awayRenal Dialysis Unit 2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (410) 362-3094
- Davita - Catonsville1.74 miles away1581 Sulphur Spring Rd Ste 112 Halethorpe Maryland 21227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 242-7766
- Idf - Parkview Center2.5 miles away840 Hollins St Baltimore Maryland 21201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 468-0900
- Davita - Catonsville North Dialysis2.92 miles away5401 Baltimore National Pike Baltimore Maryland 21229Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 869-4618
- Davita - Harbor Park Dialysis3.01 miles away111 Cherry Hill Rd Brooklyn Maryland 21225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 354-3037
- Downtown Dialysis Center3.37 miles away821 N Eutaw St Ste 401 Baltimore Maryland 21201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (410) 383-3450