St Elizabeth Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Fullerton, California. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the best ratings we offer. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. This grade is higher than the city grade of B+ in Fullerton, which is also an impressive grade. As you can see below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
St Elizabeth Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2800 N. Harbor Blvd.,
Fullerton CA 92835
90.16% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for inspections. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Only a select group of facilities received a better grade in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about St Elizabeth Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. With our short-term care assessment, we try to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Turning to our next area, this facility was given an excellent nursing rating. While this isn't as strong as several of its other grades, this remains one of our better scores we offer. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Elizabeth Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis0.71 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic0.92 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center1.9 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center2.65 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita La Habra Dialysis3.24 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis3.29 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.58 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.89 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484