Located in Fort Thomas, Kentucky, St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf is one of just three available facilities in this city. This proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is our absolute highest score. In addition, this nursing home is also located in a hospital, which can often mean the nursing home offers a wider array of medical services. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
85 North Grand Avenue,
Fort Thomas KY 41075
68.46% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was superb in our short-term care rating. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Kentucky in this area with 74.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided 7.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the highest figures we found. In addition, a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. On top of offering high levels of care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in Kentucky in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We look at these areas as good indicators of the caliber of nursing care being provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home received an A. This topped off an elite report card. Very few facilities earned an A- or higher in all four categories. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 4.72 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Davita - South Hill Dialysis0.97 miles away525 Alexandria Pike Suite 120 Newport Kentucky 41071Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 442-5539
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis2.85 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Mt Auburn Dialysis3.47 miles away2109 Reading Road Cincinnati Ohio 45202Dialysis Stations: 28 (513) 784-1800
- Dci - Cincinnati3.75 miles away499 East Mcmillan Street Cincinnati Ohio 45206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (513) 281-0091
- Davita - Christ Hospital3.83 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314
- Davita - Cold Spring Dialysis4.12 miles away430 Crossroads Blvd Newport Kentucky 41076Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 441-3981
- Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Med Ctr4.73 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue, Unit - Mlc 7022 Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 7 (513) 636-4443
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood5.68 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800