St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf is a nursing home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky, a city with 16,459 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the top nursing homes we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires top-notch performance across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. Finally, this ended up being a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fort Thomas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to receive more than one A+ category scores. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very strong rating. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we rated is nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of A. This completed a very impressive profile. Very few facilities received an A- or better in all four categories. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these statistics as good measures of the quality of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 6.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 81.62% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 4.72 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Davita - South Hill Dialysis0.97 miles away525 Alexandria Pike Suite 120 Newport Kentucky 41071Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 442-5539
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis2.85 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Mt Auburn Dialysis3.47 miles away2109 Reading Road Cincinnati Ohio 45202Dialysis Stations: 28 (513) 784-1800
- Dci - Cincinnati3.75 miles away499 East Mcmillan Street Cincinnati Ohio 45206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (513) 281-0091
- Davita - Christ Hospital3.83 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314
- Davita - Cold Spring Dialysis4.12 miles away430 Crossroads Blvd Newport Kentucky 41076Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 441-3981
- Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Med Ctr4.73 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue, Unit - Mlc 7022 Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 7 (513) 636-4443
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood5.68 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800