St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf is a nursing home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky, a city with 16,459 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the top nursing homes we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires top-notch performance across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. Finally, this ended up being a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
85 North Grand Avenue,
Fort Thomas KY 41075
61.15% estimated occupancy 1
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to receive more than one A+ category scores. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed well in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Very few nursing homes received a better grade in this category. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing score. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Our nursing rating includes a handful of components, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Elizabeth Ft Thomas Snf, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 4.72 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Davita - South Hill Dialysis0.97 miles away525 Alexandria Pike Suite 120 Newport Kentucky 41071Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 442-5539
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis2.85 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Mt Auburn Dialysis3.47 miles away2109 Reading Road Cincinnati Ohio 45202Dialysis Stations: 28 (513) 784-1800
- Dci - Cincinnati3.75 miles away499 East Mcmillan Street Cincinnati Ohio 45206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (513) 281-0091
- Davita - Christ Hospital3.83 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314
- Davita - Cold Spring Dialysis4.12 miles away430 Crossroads Blvd Newport Kentucky 41076Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 441-3981
- Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Med Ctr4.73 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue, Unit - Mlc 7022 Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 7 (513) 636-4443
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood5.68 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800