St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility is a very-large non-profit facility in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With an overall score of D, this is a subpar nursing home. This isn't the worse facility we graded, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its second most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this area, which is a respectable score. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.321266 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was awarded a grade of just D in this area. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the data we looked at. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.6 percent of its residents returning home.
Moving on to our final category, this facility really didn't perform well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is about as bad as it gets. Our nursing rating includes a handful of factors, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This place provided only 0.1 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 9.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 2.76% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 22.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 1.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 89.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 16.37% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 1.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 16.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St. Clare Manor Nursing Facility, 63.81% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 21 other nursing homes
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- St James Behavioral Health Hospital, IncPsychiatric 19.73 miles away3136 South St Landry Road Gonzales Louisiana 70737Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 647-7524
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre0.14 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge1.14 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Foster Dr Dialysis Svcs1.75 miles away1919 N Foster Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 354-1611
- Davita - Mid City Dialysis2.85 miles away2902 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70802Dialysis Stations: 13 (225) 766-0093
- Fmcna - North Boulevard3.01 miles away2661 North Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 387-5777
- Fmcna - Airline3.21 miles away5948 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge Louisiana 70805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (225) 357-9055
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center3.97 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761
- Fmcna - Picardy Kidney Ctr4.01 miles away7638 Picardy Ave Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 766-5600