St Clare Commons is one of six facilities in Perrysburg, Ohio. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Perrysburg, which is a B-. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive nursing grade, which is addressed in the next section.
St Clare Commons
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received a very favorable nursing score. Its nursing rating is its best category. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving residents even once per day.
This nursing home actually earned a solid government inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a B-. We would argue that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Clare Commons?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest category ended up being its short-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. It received an F for this category, which is a rock bottom grade. This is certainly a significant concern. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 81.081085 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Clare Commons Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Clare Commons, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Clare Commons, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Clare Commons, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Clare Commons, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Clare Commons, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Clare Commons, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Clare Commons, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Clare Commons, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Clare Commons, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In St Clare Commons, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Clare Commons, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Clare Commons, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Clare Commons, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Perrysburg, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Perrysburg, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 8.2 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis2.55 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.96 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.96 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center5.58 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC5.8 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Southland Dialysis7.29 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis7.72 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- University of Toledo Medical Center7.75 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985