St Anthony Park Home is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. This proved to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end rating. We flat out can not say enough great things about this nursing home. This nursing home was also given impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
St Anthony Park Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared very well in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Very few nursing homes performed better in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.89706 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about St Anthony Park Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. We weighed the levels of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, this facility also was given an impressive short-term care grade, with a B+. This finished off a very impressive profile. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Anthony Park Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Anthony Park Home, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Anthony Park Home, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Anthony Park Home, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Anthony Park Home, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Anthony Park Home, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Anthony Park Home, 4.73% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Anthony Park Home, 93.57% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Anthony Park Home, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Anthony Park Home, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In St Anthony Park Home, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Anthony Park Home, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Anthony Park Home, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 3.69 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita0.8 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul2.08 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita2.15 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis2.27 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis2.5 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton3.3 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit3.32 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita3.53 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972