St Anthony Healthcare Center is a senior living facility located in Warren, Michigan, which has 134,056 people. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. In a city without a great selection of nursing homes, this facility was better than most of the alternatives in Warren. The best part of this facility's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Anthony Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Warren senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall grade. Inspection scores are associated with the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing score is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about St Anthony Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third highest category we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our long-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents needing personal care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 95.33333 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. We gave this facility a B- in that area. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most critical for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Anthony Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 91.02% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Anthony Healthcare Center, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Davita Troy Dialysis1.83 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren3.19 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights3.27 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Troy4.37 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita4.39 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.77 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center5.68 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC5.84 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100