St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. While there's nothing wrong with a B-, we wanted to point out that Minneapolis received a city grade of B+ so there are some good options here. The best part of this facility's profile was is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility an A for our short-term care score. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is typically a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing, where it earned an B+. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest category ended up being its long-term care score, where it was given a C. With our long-term care assessment, we focus more on the sheer quantity of care offered by a nursing home, as well as a few quality metrics. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 92.49012 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, we were surprised to find that this facility received such a poor inspection score. We gave it just a just D in this area. This grade is not on par with some of this nursing home's other category grades. Inspection grades relate to a facility's government inspections. Since this information is collected by government inspectors, we weight it pretty heavily. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years of more than $50,000. This often indicates that government inspectors grew tired after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 4.58% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 93.31% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6.05 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton1.25 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita3.33 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita3.41 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- East River Road Dialysis3.91 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis4.36 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita4.41 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis5 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit5.12 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458