St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center is in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. This city has a total of 26,500 people. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. This place has some things going for it. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
606 Latiolais Road,
Breaux Bridge LA 70517
74.84% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. This is far better than its overall rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. It doesn't look like we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Without complete information regarding deficiencies for this facility, it was difficult to grade the place in terms of this category.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only received a D for its short-term care grade, which is not an impressive grade. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. In this facility's case, we found that it provides fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Moving on to the final area, we awarded this nursing home a D for our nursing category. This is the facility's worst category grade. Of course, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. We weighed the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 1.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 89.54% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Agnes Healthcare and Rehab Center, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 1.19 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 19.56 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Opelousas General Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.84 miles away539 East Prudhomme Street Opelousas Louisiana 70570Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 948-3011
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge1.42 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - East Lafayette7.34 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - North Lafayette7.51 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette8.86 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)8.93 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis10.85 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - West Lafayette12.27 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Sunset12.59 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702