Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House is a facility located in Bridgeton, Missouri, a city with a population of 10,568 people. This is a grade A facility, which is a truly elite score. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 25 nursing homes in Missouri. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bridgeton, Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bridgeton, Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bridgeton, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Not many facilities performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes fared better in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 83.82353 percent of its patients, which is a bit less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last area, this nursing home also was given an impressive nursing score, with a grade of A-. This completed a very strong report card. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term care residents that have experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 4.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ssm Health Depaul Hospital - Anna House, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 0.04 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Fmc - Bridgeton0.69 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton1.51 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.3.01 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Hazelwood Dialysis4.26 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center5.6 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis5.76 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.84 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Natural Bridge Dialysis5.99 miles away8980 Natural Bridge Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63121Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 426-2064