With an address in Vallejo, California, Springs Road Healthcare is one of just three available nursing homes in the area. We gave this facility world class overall rating of A. As a matter of fact, this proved to be the number one rated nursing home in the city. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this facility. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category scores, which appear to be just as strong as its overall score.
Springs Road Healthcare
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1527 Springs Road,
Vallejo CA 94591
64.46% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. Our nursing rating consists of several components, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which was above the national average. Lastly, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. For example, it fared as well as any facility California when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these statistics as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this facility received a high-end score of A in our long-term care category. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. This place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 1 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a much better hospitalization rate than the majority of nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Springs Road Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its strong resume, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care grade, with a grade of A. In determining these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. When we looked at this facility's physical therapist hours, we found it offered more hours of physical therapy per day to its residents than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. On top of excelling in the area of physical therapy hours, we found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in this area with 61.7 percent of its residents returning home.
Adding to this facility's impressive profile, we awarded this facility an elite grade of A- for our inspections rating. With this grade, the facility completes its straight A report card. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springs Road Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springs Road Healthcare, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springs Road Healthcare, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springs Road Healthcare, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springs Road Healthcare, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springs Road Healthcare, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springs Road Healthcare, 4.32% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springs Road Healthcare, 96.21% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springs Road Healthcare, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springs Road Healthcare, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Springs Road Healthcare, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springs Road Healthcare, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springs Road Healthcare, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springs Road Healthcare, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 13.26 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Carquinez Dialysis Center1.51 miles away125 Corporate Place Suite C Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 556-3637
- Vallejo Dialysis Center2.01 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017
- Wellbound of Vallejo2.26 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo2.41 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Benicia Dialysis Center5.45 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488
- Fairfield Dialysis Center9.28 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Davita El Sobrante10.56 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Rai Chadbourne11.7 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088