Springs Road Healthcare is one of only three available nursing homes in Vallejo, California. This facility received an A- overall, which is very favorable rating. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its long-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Springs Road Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Vallejo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Vallejo, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Vallejo, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an A+ in this category. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B+. The nursing grade weighs quite a few factors, many of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Springs Road Healthcare?
We also wanted to point out this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a grade of B+ in this category. Our inspection grades are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a favorable nursing grade this year, with a B. Although this was not quite as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of the more impressive grades for this area. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springs Road Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springs Road Healthcare, 4.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springs Road Healthcare, 2.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springs Road Healthcare, 0.84% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springs Road Healthcare, 0.9% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springs Road Healthcare, 16.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springs Road Healthcare, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springs Road Healthcare, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springs Road Healthcare, 8.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springs Road Healthcare, 5.68% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Springs Road Healthcare, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springs Road Healthcare, 5.68% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springs Road Healthcare, 7.17% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springs Road Healthcare, 70.26% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 13.26 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Carquinez Dialysis Center1.51 miles away125 Corporate Place Suite C Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 556-3637
- Vallejo Dialysis Center2.01 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017
- Wellbound of Vallejo2.26 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo2.41 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Benicia Dialysis Center5.45 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488
- Fairfield Dialysis Center9.28 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Davita El Sobrante10.56 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Rai Chadbourne11.7 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088