Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is an average-sized facility in Sarasota, Florida. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of A which is a superb overall grade. Consequently, it is among the highest graded nursing homes in Sarasota, which features some very solid nursing homes. Even in a city offering 23 other nursing homes, this nursing home really stands out. This facility was also given impressive ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Springs at Lake Pointe Woods
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home performed remarkably in our long-term care category. We gave them an elite score of A+ in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Springs at Lake Pointe Woods?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. This is a very impressive score. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Turning to the last area, this nursing home received a highly favorable nursing score. We gave it a grade of B+ in that area, completing one of our better profiles. Our nursing rating includes many subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springs at Lake Pointe Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springs at Lake Pointe Woods, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.92 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails4.34 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Us Renal Care Sarasota5.76 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center6.09 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Rtc - Venice10.68 miles away816 Pinebrook Rd Venice Florida 34285Dialysis Stations: 23 (941) 486-9057
- Manasota Dialysis10.89 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.18 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis11.79 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Venice13.2 miles away1120 Indian Hills Blvd Venice Florida 34293CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 493-5969