Springhurst Health Campus is a small nursing home located in Greenfield, Indiana. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the highest scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 50 facilities in Indiana. This nursing home was also given phenomenal grades in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Springhurst Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greenfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Our inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be this nursing home's second strongest category score. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Springhurst Health Campus?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this nursing home received a very strong grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home rounded out a very strong profile. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.732025 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springhurst Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springhurst Health Campus, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springhurst Health Campus, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springhurst Health Campus, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springhurst Health Campus, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springhurst Health Campus, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springhurst Health Campus, 14.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springhurst Health Campus, 91.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springhurst Health Campus, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springhurst Health Campus, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Springhurst Health Campus, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springhurst Health Campus, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springhurst Health Campus, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springhurst Health Campus, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 14.4 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 14.53 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 17.99 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.24 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Fmc - Greenfield1.76 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast11.68 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Irvington13.01 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East13.27 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis13.78 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Davita - Indy East13.91 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Shadeland Station14.14 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Marion County15.96 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171