Springhurst Health Campus is a small nursing home located in Greenfield, Indiana. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is among the top grades we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Springhurst Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspection category. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its impressive resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that area. In forming our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Springhurst Health Campus?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When computing our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. Although this wound up being its weakest category rating, this is nevertheless not a terrible score. Long-term care grades are important for residents seeking personal care. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.86207 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springhurst Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springhurst Health Campus, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springhurst Health Campus, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springhurst Health Campus, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springhurst Health Campus, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springhurst Health Campus, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springhurst Health Campus, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springhurst Health Campus, 91.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springhurst Health Campus, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springhurst Health Campus, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Springhurst Health Campus, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springhurst Health Campus, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springhurst Health Campus, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springhurst Health Campus, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Greenfield, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greenfield, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 14.4 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 14.53 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 17.99 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.24 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Fmc - Greenfield1.76 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast11.68 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Irvington13.01 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East13.27 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis13.78 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Davita - Indy East13.91 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Shadeland Station14.14 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Marion County15.96 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171