Springdale Village Healthcare is a large facility located in Mesa, Arizona. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Springdale Village Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7255 East Broadway Road,
Mesa AZ 85208
49.09% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it an A- for that area. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.242424 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
It should also be noted that this nursing home's inspection score was strong as well. We awarded it a grade of B for inspections, which is one of our better grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Springdale Village Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best category we gave this facility in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. With our short-term care grade, we strive to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The final area we scored was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is a decent grade in this area. Our nursing grade weighs quite a few data points, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Springdale Village Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 3.1% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 80.03% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Springdale Village Healthcare, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.65 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)0.6 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)0.62 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)3.9 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)5.02 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.23 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)6.62 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)6.62 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Apache Junction Dialysis (Fmc)7.21 miles away11540 E University Dr Ste 109 Apache Junction Arizona 85220Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-5572