Located in Katy, Texas, Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation is the only facility we found in the area. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is favorable score. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for most people. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Katy senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.705505 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area turned out to be its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a grade of B-. Short-term care scores are crucial for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Our last category is nursing, where we awarded this nursing home a C in that category. The nursing rating consists of many subcategories, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Although this facility didn't really impress in terms of the quantity of nursing care available, it performed admirably in some of our quality measures. It was above average in two of the statistics we assess, with positive reviews for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spanish Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 6.9 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.6 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.22 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Pin Oak Dialysis3.37 miles away24968 Katy Ranch Rd Unit 500 Katy Texas 77494Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 574-4387
- Katy Dialysis Center3.98 miles away403 W. Grand Parkway South Suite T Katy Texas 77494CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 392-6063
- Katy Cinco Ranch Dialysis5.34 miles away1265 Rock Canyon Road Katy Texas 77450Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 392-1616
- Fresenius Medical Care Katy5.66 miles away21755 Provincial Blvd Katy Texas 77450Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 492-3401
- Dunes Dialysis, LLC6.41 miles away2922 N Mason Rd. Suite 100 Katy Texas 77449Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 579-9057
- Horizon Dialysis8.5 miles away2222 Greenhouse Rd Houston Texas 77084Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 829-5941
- West Oaks Dialysis Center11.7 miles away14800 Westheimer Road Suite A Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 752-5469
- Fresenius Medical Care Mission Bend12.9 miles away6886 Highway 6 South Houston Texas 77083Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-0440