Spanish Cove Housing Authority is a small government-owned facility located in Yukon, Oklahoma. This facility was given an overall rating of A+. In fact, this turned out to be the number one rated facility in the city. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this facility. This place also received consistently good ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Spanish Cove Housing Authority
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Yukon, Oklahoma Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Yukon, Oklahoma Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Yukon, Oklahoma Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to receive several A+ category grades. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 94.776115 percent of its residents, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Spanish Cove Housing Authority?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. The nursing rating is based on a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this nursing home also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that category. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. Short-term care scores are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spanish Cove Housing Authority Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 92.49% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spanish Cove Housing Authority, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Integris Canadian Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away1201 Health Center Parkway Yukon Oklahoma 73099Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 717-6800
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Davita - Yukon Dialysis1.04 miles away12801 Nw 10th St Suite 400 Yukon Oklahoma 73099Dialysis Stations: 13 (405) 350-3017
- Fmcna - Yukon Jv1.27 miles away1320 W Vandament Ave Yukon Oklahoma 73099CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (405) 350-3751
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training4.05 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Davita - Northwest Bethany5.57 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis8.21 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City9.96 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis10.56 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC11.73 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803