Located in Fall River, Massachusetts, AdviniaCare Southpointe is one of four available facilities in this city. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range typically suggests some concerning datapoints. This isn't the worse facility we found, however, we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. The only positive thing we can say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
100 Amity Street,
Fall River MA 02721
67.56% estimated occupancy 1
Note: AdviniaCare Southpointe has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it did receive a respectable government inspection report this year. It received a decent score in that category with a B-. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing scores also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about AdviniaCare Southpointe?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent grade in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is typically a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final item we considered in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 94.82758 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdviniaCare Southpointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 91.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdviniaCare Southpointe, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fall River, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fall River, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.87 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.29 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.75 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton1.17 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC4.07 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Hawthorn Kidney Center9.14 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis9.45 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence13.47 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.55 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital14.1 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick14.47 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050