South Park East is one of a host of available nursing homes to choose from in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. With an overall rating of B, this appears to be a good option. In fact, we found this facility to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Oklahoma City, which has a city grade of B-. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
South Park East
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about South Park East?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility also earned a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care. For that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Long-term care ratings are crucial for people requiring personal care. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
South Park East Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In South Park East, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In South Park East, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In South Park East, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In South Park East, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In South Park East, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In South Park East, 4.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In South Park East, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In South Park East, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In South Park East, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In South Park East, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In South Park East, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.84 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.66 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr1.43 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Oklahoma City South1.59 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Ou Children Dialysis2.84 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Davita - Cleveland Pd3.37 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma3.44 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis3.49 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv4.66 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City6.43 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025