With an address in Greenbrae, California, South Marin Health & Wellness Center is one of just a couple facilities there. With an overall score of B, this nursing home is a quality choice. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
South Marin Health & Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for South Marin Health & Wellness Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A-. Nursing grades are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about South Marin Health & Wellness Center?
This facility also received impressive inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that category, with a B. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this facility. Without having the deficiency data for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to evaluate it in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home received an acceptable long-term care grade of B-. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Marinhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away250 Bon Air Road, PO Box 8010 Greenbrae California 94904Government - Local(415) 925-7900
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.65 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- California Pacific Medical Center- Van Ness CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away1101 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 600-6000
- Satellite Dialysis Greenbrae1.93 miles away565 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Greenbrae California 94904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (415) 924-8622
- San Rafael Dialysis1.97 miles away1415 3rd Street San Rafael California 94901Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 453-4437
- Northgate Dialysis Center4.36 miles away650 Las Gallinas Road San Rafael California 94903CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (415) 444-0376
- Davita Richmond Dialysis10.37 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- San Pablo Dialysis Center10.55 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- Pacific Dialysis12.16 miles away2351 Clay Street 4th Floor San Francisco California 94115CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (415) 440-2852
- San Francisco Home Training12.16 miles away1493 Webster Street San Francisco California 94115Dialysis Stations: 7 (415) 346-3382
- San Francisco Dialysis Center12.16 miles away1499 Webster Street San Francisco California 94115CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (415) 928-9003