With an address in Bountiful, Utah, South Davis Specialty Care is one of four facilities in this city. After receiving an overall score of A, this nursing home is among the most elite nursing homes we found. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. Keep reading to see this place's category grades, which are equally impressive. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
South Davis Specialty Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about South Davis Specialty Care?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was long-term care. Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A in that category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.54601 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the final category we rated, this nursing home received a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a straight A report card. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
South Davis Specialty Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In South Davis Specialty Care, 5.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In South Davis Specialty Care, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In South Davis Specialty Care, 2.58% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In South Davis Specialty Care, 13.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In South Davis Specialty Care, 22.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In South Davis Specialty Care, 10.89% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In South Davis Specialty Care, 81.47% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In South Davis Specialty Care, 13.42% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In South Davis Specialty Care, 19.07% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In South Davis Specialty Care, 19.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In South Davis Specialty Care, 71.64% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Bountiful, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Bountiful, Utah has 3 other nursing homes
- Lakeview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away630 East Medical Drive Bountiful Utah 84010Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 299-2200
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- University of Utah Hospitals and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84132Government - State(801) 581-2121
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.99 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Layton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away201 West Layton Parkway Layton Utah 84041Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 543-6703
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Davis Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away1600 West Antelope Drive Layton Utah 84041Proprietary(801) 807-7001
- Lakeside Dialysis Center1.1 miles away532 S 500 W Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 299-3470
- Liberty Dialysis - Woodscross (Fmc)1.22 miles away572 W 750 S Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 292-2658
- West Bountiful Dialysis (Dva)1.49 miles away724 W 500 S Ste 300 Woods Cross Utah 84087Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 296-9091
- Primary Children's Dialysis Center8.02 miles away81 North Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City Utah 84113Dialysis Stations: 6 (801) 662-7600
- Kolff Dialysis Center/Univ. Of Utah9 miles away423 Wakara Way Suite 200 Salt Lake City Utah 84108Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 581-3981
- Utah Dialysis Lab9.51 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400
- Anthem Dialysis, LLC11.98 miles away520 North Kays Drive Suite 1 Kaysville Utah 84037Dialysis Stations: 1 (385) 420-7500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch13.43 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407