South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Dallas, Texas. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Dallas received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3808 S Central Expwy,
Dallas TX 75215
56.81% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility highly overall, we want to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more favorable category scores came in the area of long-term care. This ended up being its second most respectable category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to judge a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 92.63158 percent of its patients, which is a bit lower than we anticipated. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. When determining our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade here as well. It received an F for this area, which is obviously very concerning. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is typically a solid measure of the facility's rehabilitation. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In South Dallas Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 5.41 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center2.44 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854
- Gadc, LLC2.51 miles away3417 Gaston Avenue Suite 180 Dallas Texas 75246Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 232-1730
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis2.61 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis3.24 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Lake Cliff Dialysis Center3.3 miles away805 N. Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 942-7727
- Bma Dallas South3.94 miles away1150 N Bishop Suite 200 Dallas Texas 75208CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 942-2900
- Oak Cliff Dialysis4.09 miles away2000 South Llewellyn Dallas Texas 75224Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 943-0011
- Bma Dallas Central4.54 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494