Sonoma Post Acute is a facility located in Sonoma, California, a city with a total of 35,394 people. This is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Sonoma. Fortunately, this facility did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Sonoma Post Acute
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Sara Levinsohn
678 2nd Street West,
Sonoma CA 95476
92.16% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Sonoma Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To pair with its favorable overall score, we gave this place an A- for the area of inspections. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. There are a number of criteria included in this category. Most of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Sonoma Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is a decent grade in this area. Our long-term care grade is often used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.22 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.47 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.57 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC8.95 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.04 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.65 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.13 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.2 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.79 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo16 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070