Sonoma Post Acute is an average-sized facility in Sonoma, California. This is a quality facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Sonoma. This place definitely has plenty going for it. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Sonoma Post Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Sonoma Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this place also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher grades in this area, with an A-. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. Our nursing rating is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Sonoma Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an above average short-term care grade, with a grade of B in the area. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care score of B-. Long-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of nursing services. This means a vast range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.22 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.47 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.57 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC8.95 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.04 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.65 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.13 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.2 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.79 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo16 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070