Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge is located in Solon, Ohio, a city with a population of 24,356 people. We gave this facility an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Solon. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
5625 Emerald Ridge Parkway,
Solon OH 44139
74.04% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. When determining our nursing scores, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 2.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this facility a grade of C for its short-term care score, which really isn't too bad of a score. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. It performed much better in this area. We found it was above average in this area with 54.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge?
This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it only received a grade of D for its inspection grade. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home received large government fines recently of more than $50,000. This usually means that CMS inspectors became fed up after multiple years of bad government inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in this area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 94.4206 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place also was not as bad as we expected at keeping its patients out of the hospital. While it had 2.18 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not bad since it had more complex patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which have suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 19.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 90.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solon Pointe at Emerald Ridge, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.59 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fmc - Solon1.05 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall1.57 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.85 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.2.67 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.4 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.5.33 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe5.55 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Community Dialysis Center6.53 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580