Solaris Healthcare Windermere is a facility located in Orlando, Florida which has a population of 878,243 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades that we offer. Even in a city with 20 other nursing homes, this nursing home is appealing. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Solaris Healthcare Windermere
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Our inspection ratings are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as dominant as it gets in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.70588 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Solaris Healthcare Windermere?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. Adding to its superb profile, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A in that category. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In the final category, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong nursing rating, with a grade of B+. This topped off a very favorable report card. Our nursing score weighs a number of subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solaris Healthcare Windermere Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solaris Healthcare Windermere, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 13.09 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Vineland0.64 miles away4407 Vineland Rd Suite d2 Orlando Florida 32811Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 425-4415
- Davita Metrowest Dialysis0.98 miles away4578 S Kirkman Rd Orlando Florida 32811Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 298-3977
- Orlando Southwest Dialysis3.44 miles away6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Ste 650 Orlando Florida 32809CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (407) 852-1751
- Bma - West Orlando3.62 miles away5600 W Colonial Dr Ste 101 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 297-3777
- Orlando Park Dialysis3.68 miles away5397 West Colonial Drive, Suite #120 Orlando Florida 32808CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 532-3109
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC3.84 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis4.28 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Orlando Dialysis4.28 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212